Thursday 9 February 2012

Today's Knit

Continuing to combat the cold here in Yorkshire, today I am wearing another knit from the fantastic New England Knits book - Melissa LaBarre's Montague Bulky Lace Vest:
This was another knit completed while I was in DC, and I'm wearing it today with a thermal vest and fine gauge merino rib sweater underneath. The yarn is reclaimed sweater yarn, probably wool or possibly a blend of wool/acrylic, and was either a heavy aran or light chunky - I knitted up the sizes to get my sizing, but did overcompensate slightly and it is a little big around the sleeve openings.

Planning a day at home today as the weather is most unconducive to getting out and about (freezing rain, shortly to be followed by snow) - we might walk to the local cinema for the afternoon showing of War Horse.

No comments: