Friday 24 February 2012

On the Pleasure of Stocking Stitch

My posting has slowed down this week as I am back at work, and knitting only on my commute and during evenings at home (and wearing light clothes due to office heating - the handknits are back in the closet!). BUT I am now on the second sleeve of the husband's vintage inspired jumper, and have given myself a target to sew it up next weekend (weekend of 3/4 March). It has been time consuming, but pleasantly relaxing, to knit that much 4-ply stocking stitch - and it is knitting I can do anywhere, pick up, put down, without having to think too much. The simple, repetitive knit and purl stitches means I am lulled into a meditative state, and can think, read, listen or look out of the train window at the scenery while I knit. The colour (Forest) is perfect:

 but I do worry about it pilling quite quickly - my husband wears his clothes hard!

No comments: