Wednesday 8 February 2012

New Jersey in North Yorkshire

As planned, today we sent off on a little morning trip to the North Yorkshire Dales village of Bedale, where there is (according to my local knitting circle) a rather nice yarn store - and indeed there was.

New Jersey Yarns is well stocked with the Yorkshire usuals (Rowan, Debbie Bliss), with a little bit of Louisa Harding and Artesano, plus a nice range of German sock yarn - I will rarely knit socks with anything else as being someone who uses public transport and likes walking anyway, I wear out socks super-fast. I was particularly pleased to see some Jarol yarn, locally spun and of British breeds, so bought a skein of that in natural cream (for that hat I'm still hankering after perhaps), and some new Louisa Harding chenille, and happily took my spoils away for some sample knitting.

Keeping me warm in arctic Yorkshire today was the Back-to-School U-Necked Vest, from Steph Japel's Fitted Knits, worn over a lightweight wool polo neck jumper, and the Undulating Rib socks, from Interweave's Favourite Socks book, worn inside heavy winter boots.

No comments: