Monday 1 October 2007

Knitting on holiday...

Having a week off - spending part of the week in Blackpool (Illuminations and, unfortunately, Tory party conference, which hubby is attending) and Thursday/Friday at home. Travelled up by way of Yorkshire, which gave me a chance to check Hammonds in Hull for special offers. Bought a knitting bag (v bright retro print) and a ball of Patons grey alpaca/wool mix Inca to finish off a Teva Durham knit from last year which I've just been so unsure about - the assymetric neck vest. I made it longer than recommended as I have a long torso, then didn't have enough yarn to crochet the edgings. I knitted it in Rowan Big Wool, in a dark grey and can't match the shade now, so going for a complementary grey. Might try it out, might ebay it... I don't like knitting Teva's patterns although I like her design style. I actually don't think her patterns are well written (although it might be my interpretation of them) as items never come out with a good fit; whereas, for example, everything I've knitted by Stephanie Japel fits and looks good.

One of my knitting group members inspired me to try ebay for those items I've finished but don't really like, so I tried it this week with the black mohair paris loop (I got the yarn I used for that for free so it seemed worth a try). It's sold but not for very much - be interesting to see if Rowan yarn and a Teva pattern meant an item would sell for more.

Making steady progress on the vintage silk knit and on "juliet" so piccies pending. Might to try post a piccie of the Illuminations as well, particularly for foreign visitors of this blog.

Also gifted the two tone ribbed shrug to a more petite friend, as it was too short in the back for me really - looked nice on her when she tried it on in the restaurant we were at!

No comments: