Thursday 27 September 2007

More details....

Thought I would post the links to the last 2 projects mentioned: the Paris Loop which I have written about lots in this blog is available free at:

http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/parisloop.htm

And the 3 hour sweater which is a 1930s vintage pattern is available at:

http://www.Irvictor.bravepages.com/Free/3-HOUR.htm

A summary of the pattern:

Pattern: 3 hour sweater, vintage.
Designer: Unknown
Yarn: 100% acrylic superwash (I'm ashamed to admit!) in variegated blues - as with most variegated yarn looked good on the ball, I'm a bit unsure about it knitted up! Took 200 g of dk weight.

I am on a bit of a vintage knitting kick; and inspired by Green Apples musings a couple of days ago:

http://stitchywitch.wordpress.com/2007/05/

cast on yesterday for an authentic 1980s sleeveless sweater (from one of my own pattern books from that era!) with some lace openwork panels running down the front. I'm using Debbie Bliss dk silk in an apple green colour (nicer than it sounds!) picked up at the summer sale at John Lewis Oxford St. Will post a photo when I get past the ribbing. Like Green Apples I would like to knit something from as many different decades as possible. I'd also like to have a go at knitting some lingerie...

Despite having finished a number of projects lately I still have too many OTN. Currently:

"Bridges" from Rowan 42 in vintage yellow mohair.
Own design black short sleeved sweater.
A gift for my sister (making steady progress at knitting group).
Own design green handknit cotton slouchy tunic.
"Juliet" short sleeve cardigan in purple.

Also should be doing a few baby hats/booties for various friends...

And of course should be doing my course work for Distance Knitting...

I have some days off next week, so maybe then.

No comments: