Tuesday 30 October 2007

Knitting ADD

Unfortunately my knitting ADD continues. Have rethought ALL the projects I'm currently working on....

So now:
My main project is "Fenella" from RYC Classic Tweed, in Rowan Harris Tweed Aran (lavender/heather kind of colour). I've never been entirely convinced about the RYC Classic series but actually I really like this book. Fenella has quite a current shape (actually an old 70s/80s shape, but relatively fashionable at present), and I love tweed yarn. Photo of my progress pending - but I have to do 72 rounds of ribbing so I'm having to be very focussed to maintain my attention on her! I have modified the pattern to work in the round from the bottom up and I'll divide to work back and forth when I get to the sleeves.

My next pending project is also going to be from RYC Classic Tweed, and I'm just tossing up whether to use stash (either sirdar black aran or ryc cashsoft dk - the latter will require pattern mods), OR whether to buy some Rowan Wool Tweed. I get paid this week. Tempting.

I'm still working on something for my sister at knitting group; and have somewhat shelved the 80s sleeveless sweater (not very seasonal).

Working at home today before a hosp appointment this afternoon. Have three big tasks to do; might reward myself with a round of Fenella between each one!

No comments: