Sunday 27 May 2012

Shrug It Off Goes Out For Coffee

I completed Shrug It Off last weekend, and although in theory I knitted it for work wear, it didn't quite feel right for that this week. But today, a leisurely Sunday, I have slipped it on over a vest and denim skirt, and it feels just right:
So one for a casual weekend I think - and that's ok, as I need those kinds of clothes too.

During the week, I have slogged on with the Honeycomb Cable Cushion, the end being now in sight (should happen today), and in preparation I have organised my yarn trunk for the next project - a bunch of accessories out of all the single skeins I bought travelling through North America last year...

Yesterday saw me very briefly in London, meeting some old friends and I had just a little bit of time at Waterloo Station before our rendevous - so I took myself around the corner to I Knit London, and picked up a few treats - the Spring edition of Spin Off, a generous skein of laceweight "I Knit or Dye" in a rich purple colour (called The Queen of Denmark, I think), and yet another pattern book! I just can't resist them. This one is Hilde Isegar's Strikketoj and I bought it particularly for the 1990s sweater, which I want to recreate in my own collection of bits and pieces, and then rock with jeans and ankle boots next autumn. So a project to pick up and put down over the summer, which seems to have finally arrived - and unlike a lot of knitters, I don't mind summer knitting at all.


No comments: