Saturday 19 May 2012

Shrugs, Cushions, the Cultural Olympiad, and Thrifting

Readers, it is a cold and damp afternoon in Yorkshire - very disappointing for May - and I am planning an afternoon of knitting, podcasts, and maybe a good film or drama if I can find one on the box. So I am hoping to finish Shrug It Off today - here is my progress so far:


Once done, I have another project ready to go - a cushion for the Woolsack Cultural Olympiad drive (http://www.woolsack.org/), which I am doing as part of my WI group. The cushion needs to involve British wool, and be a certain size. Each althlete participating in the London Olympics and Paralympics will recieve a cushion as a gift from the British public. Although I loved this cushion on the left from Sheepfold:


I decided to use up my leftover Yorkshire Tweed Chunky (from the Humber Star pullover I did for the husband several years ago):


and do a single coloured cushion, probably adapting the Honeycomb Cable Cushion pattern from the book I am currently obsessed with - Jenny Lord's Purls of Wisdom.

Despite the horrible weather I did have to pop out to the farmers market today and to run a few errands, so I also popped in to one of our local charity shops here in North Yorkshire and thrifted these:


A printed Monsoon shirt dress a pair of jeggings, all for £8. I do love a bargain...
Expect a report about the finished Shrug It Off soon!

No comments: