Monday 21 May 2012

The Honeycomb Cable Cushion, and Purple Lilacs


This is my project for the Woolsack Cultural Olympiad. I am knitting this chunky yarn on my 5.5mm Knitpro Circular, at quite a tight tension, as requested by the project, and the cables are hard on my hands! I plan to do the other side (which will be the back) in plain moss stitch due to this, and also due to this it has been progressing rather more slowly than I'd hoped - although I only started it on Saturday afternoon, and it is now Monday, so I suppose that's not too bad!

Spring has finally sprung - a bit anyway - here in the frozen north of the UK, and I brought some lilacs (one of my favourite flowers) into the house from the garden yesterday, making me think of summer colours and summer knitting at last...





No comments: