Thursday 9 June 2011

Shorts, Completed.

Well, who was to know elastic would be so hard to find in downtown Washington DC? My usual supplier of basic sewing tools (CVS!) didn't stock it, and it is just to hot to walk the streets looking for it, so I substituted a long shoelace as a drawstring in the shorts, and am very happy with the result, although the husband says they look too boyish.

I am getting into this sewing thing, so this morning will sort out the fastenings on a wrap skirt I have been working on, on and off, as that's all I need to do to finish it, and tonight maybe start a patchwork bag from all my leftover scraps from these two projects - something like this perhaps (from http://sewingtime.blogspot.com/2009/09/pink-penguin-patchwork-drawstring-bag.html)


As my shoulder improves, I have been able to work more on Frost Flowers, but am thinking about knitting the back plain - it will be easier on my shoulder (and that means I might get it done in time to wear it this summer), and I have a road trip coming up next week and need in-car knitting. For me, this can only be plain or purl knitting - I can't look down at my work in the car or I feel sick. I will probably throw the Shibui socks into my knitting bag too, to finish them off. Breaks are good knitting time for me, and usually good times to finish off projects.

When I'm done with those, that will leave me with only a design I am working on, and this:


It's a little too hot in DC to want to knit a wool afghan right now; I am nearly through the first strip though, so this one will be travelling back to to chilly North Yorkshire with me in August, for finishing over the autumn/winter.

No comments: