Wednesday 22 June 2011

New England, Part One (Portsmouth)

Last week saw us travelling around New England, visiting historical towns, beautiful beaches, and mountain landscapes. It was a wonderful trip, and of course I also found time to drop in to a number of yarn stores - New England is yarn store heaven!

Our first stop was Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where I visited the Yarn Basket and bought 2 skeins of New England Shetland in the colourway "Peacock" (a shawl perhaps), and picked up an old Jo Sharp knitting magazine on a heavy discount.

While there I finished the Shibui ankle socks, which are in my knitting bag waiting to be blocked.

Harrisville New England Shetland in "Peacock"

The beautiful town of Portsmouth

The Yarn Basket

2 comments:

JanieB said...

Sock it to New England.

Wish I was there...

Thought of you & Simon today, spoke to my Dad & he was drooling over your book part of his Fther's Day present.

JanieB said...

Looks lovely. I finally got some uber small Susan Bates dpns today, hurray for socks!

New England, how gorgeous. My Dad loves his fancy a cuppa book (part of Father's Day present). Big thanks to both you & Simon, simply brilliant.