Saturday 22 September 2007

More F.O.s!

Posted a photo of the completed Paris Loop, which was gifted to Julia last night for her birthday. I am really happy with how it turned out, and it looked great on her - just her sort of thing.



Pattern: Paris Loop, from an old edition of Magknits (available free online)

Designer: Stephanie Japel (again!)

Yarn: From stash, and originally bought unwound from a charity shop. Seems to be mohair, and feels like it might be close to 100% mohair.



I have knitted this pattern before, in some chunky Patons mohair loop in black that my mum gave me - it turned out ok, but the black yarn meant the stitch definition is lost. The way it turned out this time made me consider using some scraps of berry colourd mohair to make another one. Its a fast, easy knit - I did most of Julia's in the car on a driving holiday in Scotland in August.



Have also finished another project (earlier today) but can't post photos yet as its another gift - the recipient reads this blog!



Julia bought her knitting around last night and so I got her opinion on a couple of other projects I've got on the go - "Bridges" from Rowan 42 in some (very) retro yellow mohair (I'm on a mohair kick at the moment!); and a self-designed tunic out of some sirdar wool/acrylic mix that feels quite nice despite being cheap. If I'm designing I often prefer to use cheaper yarns the first time; the second time through is a good time for higher end yarns. I had stalled a bit on these projects, but Julia spurred me on!

Staying in to watch a dvd with hubby tonight so more work on "Bridges" should get done. Hopefully about to have delicious dinner of allotment-grown veggies!

No comments: