Thursday 13 September 2007

Two tone ribbed shrug

I've posted a photo of my current progress on the Two Tone Ribbed Shrug from Stephanie Japel's "Fitted Knits". This project is really just a quick autumn knit, inspired by a wander around Next recently, and being tempted to buy a grey knitted shrug as the weather cools. Then I thought "no - I can knit that!" I cast on Sat 8th, and should finish in a day or two. In fact I would already be finished if I hadn't been taken over by some perfectionist monster yesterday and ripped back 6 rows of the band because the increases weren't perfectly symmmetrical. Little did I know how difficult the (unkown) dark grey yarn is to rip! And then to pick up! I started at the beginning of the England International last night (not my choice!) and when the game finished I was 2/3 of the way through and highly frustrated. Should have just left it!

Like all of Stephanie Japel's designs the pattern is easy to follow and forgiving, so can be adapted and in my experience mistakes in stitch/row count tolerated. This is good for me as I don't tend to follow patterns to the letter.

Pattern: Two Tone Ribbed Shrug
Designer: Stephanie Japel from "Fitted Knits"
Yarn: 2 unidentified balls of different shades of grey from stash. The light grey is a wool/acrylic mix (I think) and the dark grey feel lovely; I think it has some cashmere in it.
Skill Level: Easy if you're used to top down raglan

No comments: