Saturday 23 January 2016

Show Success!

Having just arrived back from our UK trip, I realised amid the whirlwind of returning to work that the annual Kiama Show was nearly upon us, and last year I had resolved to enter some of my knitted items. 

It was no easy feat to submit forms and entries for someone who works full time, but with a bit of help from Mr Bromley Knits, who has a bit more flexibility in his work schedule than I do, I managed four entries.

We spent this morning at the show, and I was delighted to find I had won a first prize for my recently completed London Shadows shawl:


And second prize for my One Night Coat:


My other two entries did not win anything - the Kolmarden Gilet, which I entered in the Vest section:


And an experimental arm knitted cowl, which I don't think I ever blogged, but still had, and so I entered it in the Creative section.

But I was super happy with my outcome!

Best in Show was a beautiful Shetland shawl:


And I loved this Highly Commended cushion:


I've already started planning my knits to enter next year (show regulations state that knits are to be completed in the 12 months prior to each show), and had a request to exhibit any blankets I have completed in an upcoming art installation! 

Happy days and lots of knitting mojo. If you've ever considered entering a local fair or show - do it!

No comments: