Tuesday 26 January 2016

Public Holiday Progress Update

Today is Australia Day, and rather like Thanksgiving in the US it does have some negative connotations for some members if the community.  It iis a national public holiday in Australia, and so I am at home today.  I will be writing my thesis on and off today, interspersed with a bit of light housework and home admin, a walk (in between the heavy rain showers - still waiting for a good enough break!), and, of course, knitting!

The body of the Featherweight (by Hannah Fettig) is complete:


I am using Morris and Sons Australian 2 ply Merino Laceweight, and this is creating a gossamer weight cardigan in the colour French Grey.

Last night, while watching the Australian Open, I knitted a bit on the Spice Trade Shawl by Apple Tree Knits:


This is taking a little patience and concentration, and I have had to rip and go back several times, but I am determined to finish it. The yarn is Yikexin Wool, from Xian, China and so the pattern is perfect, I love the lurid spice colour.

Hermione's socks are languishing in their owl sock project bag:


But....I have had a new year lapse and some lovely yarn is on its way to me right now, from different corners of the globe! One is for a commission (but still fun to receive), the others are just for me - very exciting indeed and a great lift. Expect a post when they all arrive, and in the meantime enjoy your 26th January, wherever you are in the world, and whatever it may mean to you.

No comments: