Sunday 2 December 2012

More Weekend Knits

Yesterday I had an all-day course to attend, so decided to change up my usual commuting black for my mustard coat, and added in a hand knit scarf from a couple of years ago:
My mother bought me this Vera Moda yarn, which changes every 20 rows or so, and I knitted a free form scarf from it last time I stayed with her.  In the poor light of my spare room at 7.30 am in December it does not show up so well, but you get the idea.

Today I reached for the old reliable (already! - it is a fairly recent knit) - Apple Strudel (a cardigan for Scotland).  I have recently removed the buttons from this, and am just pinning it with a shawl pin, which is working quite well.  I might not bother putting any more buttons on it!

This is a very wearable cardigan indeed, and super-warm.  Although I am kind of tired of anthracite grey in my wardrobe (no more!) it is, it has to be said, useful.

On the knitting front this week: well, flooding rain to Yorkshire once again has meant slow commutes for me, so I have progressed on the husband's Christmas jumper, and should knock off the back today.  I also plan to work on Julia's hat trio tonight, or Linda's hat.  I am seeing both just after Christmas, so I need to get on.  But overall I am feeling relaxed about my Christmas knitting - it is relatively in hand.  Still nothing OTK for me, but since I sorted my American yarn into one place two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock keep catching my eye.  A sock after Christmas perhaps!  Or maybe to cast on, on Christmas day....

No comments: