Saturday 15 December 2012

A House Full of Christmas Surprises

After giving Karina her Christmas decorations and apple and rosehip jelly last weekend, I have ready a trio of hats for another friend and her children:
I used patterns already to hand just to get the stitch counts for an adult, 5 year old, and 1 year old, and based this on Stephanie Japel's hats in this photo:
 So I just knitted plain for a series of inches, then worked the crown.
I added a kidsilk haze flower brooch onto the adult hat (which you can see in my photo above) - pattern from a Rowan workshop I did a while ago).

I finally photographed (although not particularly well!) Linda's finished Spring Cloud and stole:




I have added a pretty key-style scarf pin, which you can just about see.  These two projects were recreated from their first incarnation as this:

I also have a cloche hat to add to Linda's haul, as she has been waiting for Spring Cloud for some time!  I must say I am enjoying this run of knitting for other people, although I am careful to choose people who will appreciate the time and effort.  My list of requests keeps growing.  And last weekend I got a little gift in return - two skeins of German sock yarn infused with aloe vera and jojoba oil, in a soft light khaki shade, given to me by a hat recipient recently.

Today's knit, as it is of course a weekend - Juliet, from Zephyr Knits.

No comments: