Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Knitting

Readers, I have completed my obligatory Christmas knitting - although I do still have things to do for others, there are no real due dates on these - and today I have decided to just knit for myself.  Christmas is a quiet day for us if we are in the UK, so this afternoon I should get some good knitting time in.

I did receive a knitting-related present, from Peter Hunt's Blackaller Bees and Jacob Sheep - two dove grey skeins of pure Jacob wool - they will make a great hat.


After a morning of international phone calls, pancakes, a bike ride and present unwrapping, I have prepared for my more relaxing afternoon by winding a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the colourway: Robot Overlord.

I plan a vanilla, toe up, afterthought heel sock for this, as I have some journeys to do between Christmas and New Year.  I have also wound my fifth ball of Cream and Chocolate handspun:

 and even though I shouldn't really as I haven't got it all spun yet, I might just cast on the Rocky Coast Cardigan and see how far I get!  A very merry Christmas to all.


No comments: