Friday 6 April 2012

One More Square...

Well, the Jacqueline Jewett square is done, and was actually very enjoyable to knit indeed, not too challenging for after work/commuting, but interesting enough to keep me wanting to do another row. It was after I completed it that I realised I had started this one ages ago, working from the (incorrect) chart and had given up and ripped. Although I subsequently downloaded the errata, I worked from the written instructions this time and was fine. I think a lot of knitters have strong feelings about charts vs written instructions, but I came late to charts, as I knitted throughout the 1980s from English pattern books which only printed written instructions, and although I like charts and the visual representation they give, I can happily do without them. Here is the completed square:
And of course, to maintain my momentum, I cast on immediately for the next (14th of 16!) square:
This is square number 11 from the 2009 edition of the Great American Afghan booklet, by Melissa Leapman, and features a cat motif worked in garter stitch and cables. As my last square was very textural indeed, I thought the simpler lines of this one might be refreshing.

And other knitting? Well, I have no other knitting on the needles. Yes that's right - no other knitting. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I have moved a pile of old Yarn Forwards down to the sofa to leaf through for inspiration. This can't go on!

No comments: