Sunday 11 December 2011

Slogging on with Surface

This week I have been bored, bored, bored with Surface, and with only a sleeve (and a half one at that!) to do. So instead of taking it on my commute I took a book instead and some days did no knitting at all!  The book was The Secret Scripture - so good I nearly missed my stop a couple of times.

And maybe the break worked, because I have returned to the last of Surface with renewed vigour this weekend, and flew through the textured "blister patterned" sleeve border on my train journeys to and from London, where I was to spend Saturday with an old friend.

With my friend, I went to Liberty's, and since they were having a 10% off sale (one good thing about a declining economy I guess), and the husband has asked for a fine knit, forest green jumper that he would be able to wear out to restaurants etc, I bought a sweater's worth of Rowan 4 ply Cashsoft in "Forest", and I guess I will get started on that after I sew up Surface.  Now I need more yarn about as much as I need a hole in the head, but I didn't have much in forest green, and certainly not enough for a man's sweater.

Meanwhile, it has turned pretty chilly here in the UK, so I wore a scarf I'd knitted way back in May, when I was staying at my parent's house in Australia. My mother had bought me the freeform-style yarn as a gift, and I knitted it up while there. In shades of greens, with some blues/purples/pinks thrown in, it looks good against my black winter coat. A picture will follow, and some more information about the yarn, which I'll need to do some research on.

Arriving back home, I started to plan what I was going to wear to my works Christmas party this week, and wondered if it is finally time to edge that black wrap cardigan I have been ignoring since September!

No comments: