Saturday 26 November 2011

A long overdue update - the winter season; fair isle and gold!

So I have been knitting, and sewing, a little. Surface is more than half done, and to entertain myself as I always get bored about 2/3 through a project, I am knitting some fair isle hand warmers. I have come to like the concept of hand warmers, and wanted to practice my colourwork. These (in the associated picture) are from a free Rav pattern. They are quick and fun to do, and I've used left over sock yarn. The GAA has been languising, I'm afraid...

But I have been sewing - I got my Jones CS Family treadle going, with a little help from a few internet sources and youtube, and sewed a vintage (circa 1980s) top out of some gold fabric I picked up at a charity shop. I am pretty happy with the result, and it is my first step towards my aim of sewing all my vintage patterns. Pic below:

The treadle sews beautifully, smoothly and at the pace I want (I dislike electric machines), and the rhythmic nature of treadling is soothing, like knitting, only the results are quicker!

No comments: