Monday 30 July 2012

Ravellenics 2012 and SPAKAL inspired!

So I have joined in with the 2012 Ravellenics - but only with the Lunatic Fringe of Jane and Jen's Knit Funny Podcast, because I liked their irreverant approach. With no real "rules", it meant I could do what I was planning to anyway and use the extra knitting time to finish up a WIP, and hoping to turn this:
Into something a bit like this:
This is, of course, Spring Cloud, which I have blogged about before.

I am also lurking on the SPAKAL 2012, being run by the Knitmore Girls - although very, very new to spinning I love the idea of spinning and knitting my own sweater. I was fortunate enough to receive a donation of fleece this past weekend (more on that in a future blog I think), and if I get going now should have enough to knit the Rocky Coast Cardigan sometime soon, which they are not, I think, doing over at the SPAKAL, but I think this one I am just being inspired by, rather than actually joining. Also inspiring is that a number of people, Jasmine included, are drop spindling, so it must be do-able! Tonight I have swatched up and washed 2 samples of the first bit of spinning from the fleeces. Pics to follow...

No comments: