Sunday 1 July 2012

An Envelope for Tea

So I was listening to a podcast this week, on my way to or from work, and I can't even quite remember which podcast it was - the Commuter Knitter (http://www.commuterknitter.blogspot.com/)  maybe - when the podcaster mentioned a Tea Wallet she'd seen on Ravelry - basically a little knitted envelope for carrying teabags around in your handbag. I snorted to myself - honestly, what was the point?

Fast forward a couple of mornings later, to our hotel room in Prague, and I found myself saying to my husband "oh, we have a kettle and even some longlife milk, if only I'd brought some teabags!". Readers, I ate my words (or, rather, thoughts), found the pattern on Ravelry (www.ravelry.com/pattern/library/tea-wallet) by Diane Trap, and knitted up a Tea Wallet last night while watching Andy Murray play at Wimbledon (and by the way did anyone else spot the knitter in the audience? I think that might have been a Citron (www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/citron) she was wearing - a pattern I have long wanted to do, and it looked lovely on her).

But back to the Tea Wallet - I did mine in Debbie Bliss Cathay, for that Silk Road to China vibe (in fact I do have some Road to China in stash, but wasn't quite ready to sacrifice that!), and added a button from my La Drogerie button stash; making it with beautiful things will mean I will definately want to use it. I altered the design somewhat (more by accident than intent) so my front is more of a checkerboard:





2 comments:

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

So much more classy than a plastic sandwich bag!

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

So much more classy than a plastic sandwich bag!