Monday 9 January 2012

Square No 19 Complete - and a New Purchase!

As I promised myself, I sat down for a few hours yesterday afternoon and completed the Great American Afghan Square N.o. 19, which I posted about on Saturday. Here is a picture of the completed square:

This takes me to 9 completed squares, and as they are a generous size (12" square), I could put this amount together for a small lap blanket:

I have enough yarn to do 4 more squares, possibly 5 or 6 if I do some multi-coloured ones as well. 6 more square would be ideal, so I think I will soldier on, even though it may mean waiting a bit longer. This afghan was intended as a housewarming for our new house, which we have been living in since August!

I also purchased some yarn yesterday - in the morning we went to suss out a nearby car boot sale, as we need to sell some stuff from our downsizing, and while there I found a woman selling a load of yarn. Mostly 1980s stuff, there were some nice colours but most of it was a little acrylic-y for me - until I saw this lovely 100% Jacob wool in a natural, undyed, dark brown:

And I managed to buy 16 balls for £15. Very happy with that purchase. A sweater's amount, so I will think on what kind of sweater to do with it.

No comments: