Saturday 7 January 2012

Difficult

After knitting the husband's jumper, and occasionally (very bad!) working on a rather dull City and Guilds sample, I picked up the lately neglected Great American Afghan today, as I am halfway through Square 19, which calls for a two colour entrelac with cables pattern. Here is a picture of my progress so far:


Now what is tricky about this pattern (my first every go at entrelac) is remembering to do the knit or purl 2s at the end of every right side block, in order to join the blocks together. Quite often, I will get most of the way through a block (sometimes having cabled through it) and realised - I haven't joined it! Aaargh! So frustrating, and such a silly repeat mistake. Doesn't matter how long I have been knitting, I keep making them!

Readers, my goal is to finish this square, this weekend. Hold me to it...

No comments: