Monday 17 October 2011

Knitting for Every Mood

While the Yoga Wrap sits unworn on the cane armchair in my bedroom, waiting for an edging, I have been working on the Great American Afghan. Last night I started my ninth square - three squares completed this month, a record. Of course this is only because as the decorators have moved in, ALL my yarn has been boxed up and is hard to get to. But boredom is setting in, and I did manage to climb over some boxes yesterday, and, in desperation place my hands on the RYC cashsoft I had planned on doing something with. First I had thought another 3 hour sweater. Then I thought the Glengarrie and Yorkshire 2 hour sweater. (You can see where I'm going here can't you?)

BUT then I did a Ravelry search and found two Norah Gaughan patterns - Surface (from Knitty Winter 2008 - top picture below), and a free Berrocco pattern, Wishbone (lower picture below). Surface will be perfect for the cashsoft.
So my plan is to have the GAA on the go, plus Surface for times went I want to knit clothing, rather than a blanket, AND of course my samples for Module 3 of the City and Guilds in Textile Design (train knitting). 3 things OTN - something for every mood.

No comments: