Saturday 29 October 2011

Surface, Unpacking, and Sewing Goals for 2012

A few weeks on and I am near half way through Surface - hours of stocking stitch, with occasional waist shaping are perfect for no-brain-required post-work knitting. I have just unpacked three boxes of yarn and knitting books (which has made me realise I need no more yarn and no more books on knitting!). Only a little more has been done on the Afghan (entrelac with cables at the moment - not as demanding as it sounds, but certainly not for weeknights), and I ashamed to say, no more samples either. BUT I plan to post a couple of sewing pics from my time in DC - shorts, and a wrap pencil-style skirt, both made from thrift store material and sewed by hand in my DC apartment, during the spring and summer of 2010. The shorts are great for lounge and sleepwear, and the skirt has been worn to work, but it does have closure issues which makes me anxious when I wear it (ie that it will fall off!). I also unpacked a bunch of sewing patterns I have stashed over the years today, most are vintage, circa 80s and 90s and either picked up from thrift stores or given to me by friends having clearouts, but I do have a couple of Amy Butler bag patterns as well. My goal for 2012? Sew all of these patterns! Let's see if I can do it...

No comments: