Wednesday 23 September 2009

Dark photos and OTK

Below is a very dark and difficult-to-see photo of Grace, from a very old edition of Knitty. It was knit in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, and came out way too short in the body for me (I am tall and seem to have a freakishly long torso as I always have to lengthen patterns - I made the mistake of not lengthening this one!). Kidsilk Haze is not easy to rip, and it looked very beautiful, so I gifted it to Linda, who is very petite, and it looked lovely on her when we met recently for dinner. I will try for a better photo next time!

OTK: Top Secret - worked on that all weekend! Intoxicating got picked up again, and discarded again; my yarn choice is just not right so it is going to the frog pond. The Versielles shawl from Knit Magazine, Issue 2 is my train knitting, and I might just cast on another Footlights (from Popknits, Issue 1) tonight - my last attempt was too roomy and gifted to Julia after sitting in my closet for a year.

No comments: