Wednesday 21 November 2007

Recouperating and knitting

Well its a few quiet days at home for me as I had a minor op yesterday (planned). A bit sore today but have managed to make a lot of headway on Linda's all silver Two Tone Shrug. This is not a difficult pattern, particularly if used to top down raglan construction (which I am), I've knit it before, and its mainly stocking stitch so has been perfect today. I am just slightly bothered that it'll be too small under the arms, although Linda is a small size 8 so that probably won't be an issue.

I have been searching in vain for the colour Sue wanted for her modified (by me) One Skein Wonder in Louisa Harding sari silk ribbon. More research needed; I have the colour for her scarf on order.

Julia has asked for berry colours for her mum's Paris Loop - I have some stashed actually but not sure if its quite enough.

Decisions, decisions. I'm not up to them today!

I DID manage to rip, rip, rip over the weekend. And what a good feeling it was. I have reclaimed from failed projects:

about 200g of Patons Cargo (tape yarn) which will make a great summer top next year.

about 400g of Patons Organza ribbon yarn which will make a great glamour top anytime.

about 200g of Rowan Big Wool (from the tank top which I trialled wearing on Sunday and decided that it definately was too short! This will be reknit with a rib border about twice as long).

I am tossing up ripping another Rowan project; knitting into a Teva Durham pattern (that, and the medallion cardigan I made for my sister made me swear never to knit another of her patterns) - knitted in Rowan Biggy Print I should get a good 5 - 6 skeins back from it. Currently it sits in my wardrobe and I never wear it.

What a feeling!

No comments: