Sunday 3 June 2012

Saltburn Surprises

I spent this morning ripping back Linda's sweater. This went well for a time, but after a while I got frustrated and the scissors started to make an appearance - time to stop for a beak. So the husband and I took ourselves off to Saltburn-by-the-Sea, just under an hour's drive away. If it had not been a Sunday I could have stopped in at a yarn store there, which when I peeked through the window I noticed sold local yarn as well as the usual ranges:
But it was a Sunday, and Ripping Yarns was sadly closed. It being northern England and a bank holiday weekend, the weather was not really on our side either. However, we took the cliff lift down to the pier:

where I found the mysterious Olympic installation of an anonymous local knitter/s,much talked about it the local press. Here is a close-up:

Well worth the trip! And I will be back to Saltburn, to pick up some local yarn at Ripping Yarns.

No comments: