Saturday 2 June 2012

A Finished Cushion and Two Cast-Ons

Today I put the finishing touches onto the Honeycomb Cable Cushion, and am very happy with the result:
Here it is in close-up:
Another great pattern from Purls of Wisdom, and has also used up all the Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky I had left in stash. I mocked up the stuffed look for the photo shoot, but actually it needs to go to a stuffing centre for stuffing, and then onto a distribution centre of some kind to be given to an Olympic athlete! I like it so much, I'm almost sorry to see it go!

So I cast on for the first in my American project - but more on that when I'm done as the pattern is one of my own. I'm not remaining monogamous however, and have also cast on a gift knit for Linda:

This is Spring Cloud, a free pattern on Ravelry by Sachiko Uemura, and suits the spring green dk weight yarn she gave me to knit something with for her last year, along with a co-ordinating heavy bouclĂ© yarn - I did, and she wasn't keen on the result:

Linda disliked the heavy yarn as a sweater, so I will take this apart and just use the green - the heavy yarn will become a wrap she can wear with Spring Cloud in colder weather. It will soon be her birthday, and I would like Spring Cloud on the way when it arrives!

No comments: