Saturday 17 October 2015

It's A Nice Day For A....

White wedding wrap:
This is a sample on the way to being a kind of capelet - I am copying a photo. I have knitted a little more on it since, trying different cable and rib combinations until I get the closest match. It's a fun process. When it's done, I will use the sample to wear at home on cooler evenings - I much prefer to do "useful" swatching and sampling as I personally dislike doing purposeless knitting (clearly a product knitter at heart!)

I'm using Sirdar Bonus Aran in a tweedy cream, because I had it lying around, but the final product will be in a plain ivory colour in something soft.

In other knitting news, I have progressed the One Night Coat (by Anna and Heidi Pickles), and have just split the arms from the body. I have finished the cuff of one sock, and am a clue behind on the London Shadows MKAL.

No comments: