Friday 24 May 2013

Yesterday on my way to an event in Skipton, I stopped in the pretty town of Knaresborough, Yorkshire, where I found the lovely Knitting Pretty shop.  I sheltered from a rainstorm there for about 20 minutes, and came out with a Zauberballe, a copy of the latest Debbie Bliss mag (I couldn't resist the Great Gatsby feature), and a Knitpro circular in 2.75 mm - I don't have any particular need for this size right now, but it was the only one they had and I am slowly upgrading my Pony circulars to Addis, Knitpro (but not the interchangable ones which I hate), or, occasionally, Signatures - my favourites are actually Addis.  Perhaps its the German blood.  Anyway, here is a photo of my pickings:
And a close-up of the Zauberballe:

I also completed an item this afternoon - I am in the mood for completion, rather than commencing, actually so a few more UFOs might get dragged out after I post this blog!

This is a Razorshell Lace Scarf - I got the idea from a book (?Single Skein Projects I think - the one from yarn stores around America) and googled for instructions/inspiration on razorshell lace.  I ended up partially using a pattern bank and another blogger's post to create this out of a single skein of Crystal Palace Kid Merino I'd bought for another purpose:
Unblocked.  It will be a birthday gift for a friend.


No comments: