Friday 16 April 2010

The Knitting Blues

Today I have come to the end of 2 weeks leave from work, and I haven't done as much knitting as I thought I would. I thought this would be a great time to complete random WIPs, but somehow this didn't happen - in fact I probably knitted less than I do during working weeks!
I finished the Central Park Hoodie - or should I say Central Park DRESS! That might give some idea of what happened when I washed and blocked this linen/silk blend yarn - yep, it has no memory and has ended up a long line cardigan, with very long sleeves. I think it might end up in the frog pond, along with a number of other projects which are languishing there at present... or it might make a good mothers day present for my mum!
I am close to finishing the plain Dream in Colour socks, (Cozy Campfire - bought, I must admit, partly for the name alone); these have been accompanying me on trips out during my annual leave.
I am undecided about whether I will finish the Versailles Shawl, partly because I am living to regret my choice of yarn; a very soft cotton/wool/acrylic blend (King Cole Inspire) in bright green - perhaps a bit too bright? Perhaps a bit too cheap? I am not a yarn snob, and it's not the feel which is surprisingly luxurious, but it's the colour. I thought it would work for a shawl, but maybe not. It is hibernating in a corner of my knitting room - again.
I did another panel of the Panelled Baby Blanket; only one to go now - this might be a good project for knitting group on Sunday.
I need a project that's going to work now. And something I feel inspired to knit - I have hit a blank. I went back to my stash list, and started to wind the Adriafil Merino Laceweight I have had sitting in stash for ages, with thoughts of doing either something vintage, or the tank top from One Skein; but it did not want to wind easily and I got frustrated and stuffed it in a bag! Oh dear...
Next on the stash list is the Argentinian Alpaca, which needs to be ripped from an ill-thought-out project and re-knit into, probably, a shawl. But April does not feel like the right time to knit an aplaca shawl, so probably not.
Next is 4 skeins of Kidsilk Haze which I had planned to do Grace with; I knitted Grace about 5 years ago but it came out too short and I gifted it to a friend; she wears it a lot and I would still like one for myself - modified to have a longer body!
Decisions, decisions. I have bought some yarn too - this is what having time does; I get to visit yarn shops! I will post pictures of these purchases soon.

1 comment:

JanieB said...

Anita I feel your pain. When will yarn learn, sometimes the right project needs to jump on the needles for us. All these yrs knitting & still we always have to make the decisions.