Friday 19 March 2010

I am a far too infrequent blogger, mostly due to the demands of work and life in general, but every now and then I resolve to turn over a new leaf, and today is one of those times.

This weekend just gone, hubbie and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary by flying to Milan, with a quick trip to Zegna fitted in before taking a train to Verenna on Lake Como. Verenna has special significance for us, as it was there, at the end of a walking holiday in the Swiss Alps, that hubbie proposed. Dear reader, of course I married him, and spending our anniversary weekend there was a lovely prospect, even though I am recovering from a cough/cold and spent the weekend virtually coughing up my lungs.

Although always on the lookout for yarn shops I didn't find any - although did find much fine cashmere and merino already made into things. I took some knitting with me, which you can see a photo of below; it's Catherine Tough's Panelled Baby Blanket from her book Hip Knits. As the great EZ says - unless you are a great stay-at-home, always knit blankets in squares or strips, and this is a strip knit blanket which I am doing in contemporary shades of creams, beiges and browns (from stash, I am proud to say), with flashes of leaf green and red. It will be a gift, and I don't know the sex of the baby - hence the neutral colour scheme!

I also wore a knitted item while on the rather cool Lake - the vintage style beret featured below is from one of the Rowan Winter magazines, and was knitted in, now discontinued, Jaeger Luxury Tweed (an alpaca/lambswool blend), in a soft berry colour.

After returning from Lake Como I have been attempting to relax after busy days at work with the second sleeve from the Central Park Hoodie - a pattern which is generally enjoyable if a bit fiddly at times.

More posting soon...

No comments: