Wednesday 10 September 2008

Inspiration

Along with the other Guilty Knitters, I attended the fantastic I Knit London day on Saturday 6th, and was lucky enough to hear the Yarn Harlot speak, despite never actually having been an avid reader of her blog. I enjoyed her talk very much, and went home and told my partner all about it, so we now have a joke whenever I zone out - "are you in Theta?"

There were other inspiring things at the day, and the highlights for me were the Stitch in Time fashion show (for which one Guilty Knitter - not me - had knitted an item!), the Black Hills stall, and just lots of ideas for interesting projects, which I have boiled down to 2:

- inspired by A Stitch in Time: a vintage bedjacket, for which I will be buying some 4 ply silk/cotton, and using a 1940s pattern book.

- an alpaca wrap, knitting hopefully to the Black Hills Riverina Shawl pattern out of some alpaca I bought when on honeymoon in Argentina 3 years ago...

Previously posted are pictures of all my summer holiday knitting, but I have a meeting to go to now so more on that another time.

No comments: