Tuesday 1 July 2008

De-cluttering

I finished two objects last night, without even really thinking about it or planning it - it just happened organically. Pictures will follow of the Undulating Rib socks and the Pear Tree merino cropped cardigan, both of which I'm very happy with. I hadn't had a lot to do on either; a few ends on the cardigan to weave in, the toe of the second sock to sort out. I did it whilst watching Andy Murray's amazing performance at Wimbledon.

Charmayne has asked for 3 baby cardignans and 2 hats for Joshua, so the first cardigan is ONK; a simple, plain cardigan (from an old Simply Knitting) in Debbie Bliss Cathay in a French Navy colourway I'd bought in a sale and had languising in the stash cupboard. Baby stuff knits up fast and this should be finished by the weekend (and maybe a hat too), after which I'll break from the baby stuff for a while to pick up Bridie; I have a few plans for her and the previews of the Dylan Thomas film "The Edge of Love" have made me long for 40s cardigans worn with tea dresses and boots...

No comments: