Friday 18 April 2008

Gift knitting, own knitting

Lately all I have been doing with this blog is photojournaling. But I've not had much to say, as lots of my knitting since Christmas has felt routine or for gifts. Until I was suddenly inspired this week to start not one, but TWO new projects, both from the inspiring book Knit Knit:
Twinkle's Convertible Cardigan in Rowan Ribbon Twist, having had a nightmare trying to get gauge on everything else I tried with this yarn I realised when flicking through the book I am spot on for this lovely cardigan.

and

Anna Bell's beautiful Bridie (assymetric cardigan), in stash yarn - RYC cashsoft in burgundy for the welts and bands and some stashed camel coloured sirdar snuggly for the main - not luxurious but soft. I have become obssessed with knitting this cardigan and even happily skipped choir practice last night, mostly because I was tired, but partly because curling up on the sofa with Bridie and Season 4 of the West Wing just seemed so much better than braving the biting east wind and a cold church.

Photos of both will follow.

I can justify beginning two new projects of course - I have finished a number of things that had been languishing (see the many photos below), and I have made significant progress on the City and Guilds module (only one and a half samples left to do! And one more design activity!). On my lunch break now, my fingers are twitching to do another round on Bridie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.